Friday, May 17, 2013

The Black Lagoon

The weather is warming up and I started feeling like opening up the pool, so we peeled off the pool cover last night and this is what was underneath:



The BLACK LAGOON.

Looks refreshing and inviting, doesn't it?  Makes you want to jump right in!

We will spend much of the weekend trying to clean this nasty swamp up and do all the various start-up-the-pool chores.  We do our own pool, I just don't feel that this is a service I can really afford to pay for.  The pool is unheated so it's only a three-month pool.  Or three and a half months.  We open it in late May and it's pretty much too cold to use by September.  It really only gets decently warm in late July, the rest of the time you are lowering yourself into the frigid water inch by inch.

Haven't figured out a pool heating solution yet.  Though we have ideas.

In the weight loss front, down 9.8 pounds since I started back on plan in late March.  This is very good!  Weight is 167.2.  I haven't lost enough to be able to wear different clothes, and the new bathing suit I got doesn't look ANYTHING like the model iwearing it in the catalog did, but it's still better than where I was two months ago.

Upcoming hurdle--business trip to Salt Lake City where I will be without a car, staying downtown, and at the mercy of whatever food I can find there.  INCREDIBLY boring training but necessary.  I guess I can see if the hotel room has a mini-fridge and try to bring as many non-perishable plan food as I can.  NOT going to lose this momentum!



No comments:

Post a Comment