Sunday, July 15, 2012

Patience, Grasshopper!

What a great day yesterday was!  My oldest daughter and my future son-in-law held a party at my house to celebrate their engagement and upcoming nuptials (December of this year).  It was a perfect blend of people, from old to young, friends and family, new friends and people we've known forever.  I got to meet many of my daughter's friends for the first time and liked them all!  What a wonderful group of young people they are.  And the new in-laws were great.  We had guests from age 3 to age 74 and I think everyone had a good time.  And our pool was well-used, which is great.  We don't use it enough.

In the eating front, things are going well but I don't think I've lost any weight yet.  I've remained abstinent from sugar and white flour for about three weeks now.  My plan was to weigh on Fridays.  I forgot to weigh week before last, and when I weighed this past Friday, I was 175, which I think is what I weighed when I stopped the junk food, but then I moved the scale because it seemed tippy and weighed 172.  So, obviously the scale is crummy and inaccurate, as most cheap bathroom scales tend to be.   If I keep this up, God willing, I might know something about my weight in September because my doctor was so concerned about my weight gain that she wanted to see me sooner than usual.

Continuing to exercise.  I did the mountain yesterday with the dogs and it didn't wipe me out, and one of my hard Bar Method DVDs today.  I have a VERY busy week at work ahead and may not manage to exercise much this week, especially since temperatures are way too high to go out walking, but I always tell myself what matters most is my lifetime of exercise benefit, and not any given week.  I'm fortunate that I've never minded exercise and have always seemed to be able to make myself do it.

I managed to avoid the party junk food, which was pretty miraculous for me, and even if I'm not dropping weight, I feel way better not waking up with a belly still achingly full of peanut M & Ms.  Sure, I'm not losing as fast as I'd like, but slow and steady wins the race.

Patience, Grasshopper! 

No comments:

Post a Comment