Friday, July 27, 2012

The Rub

Despite my persistent weight loss efforts, I have not yet lost enough weight to get rid of the Dreadful Rub.  By that I mean the unpleasant sensation of my upper thighs rubbing together.  This rubbing is so persistent and creates so much friction that I have actually rubbed open sores on the insides of my thighs.
The rub isn’t a problem if there is fabric over my legs.  So shorts and pants alleviate the issue, but when I wear a dress or skirt it’s a real problem.  So, even in these dog days of summer, I wear panty hose to work every day.  They make me hot and miserable but provide enough anti-friction to prevent The Rub. 
Why do I even mention The Rub?  Because next week we are going on a family trip to take our daughter to a water park, which means walking around in a bathing suit all day for two days. 
Ouch.
I know from experience that some water parks are incredibly strict about anyone wearing an “extra” garment on the rides, such as a T-shirt.  But do shorts count?  All I would need would be a pair of form-fitting, quick drying shorts to alleviate the problem.
If they’re allowed.
My husband carefully searched the water park website and found no specific prohibition against such shorts. 
Maybe I can wear them?
If I had them.
(And yes, it was very embarrassing having to tell my husband I was concerned about The Rub.)
Alas, I don’t own any form-fitting, moisture-wicking shorts.  I have some form-fitting shorts but they’re cotton or a cotton/poly blend, which will stay soaking wet and probably create different issues should I wear them all day.
So, I will have to shop very soon for a pair of form-fitting, moisture-wicking shorts that will cover The Rub problem area and be allowable at the water park.  Wish me luck.

Insight:  I can tell I’ve entered a whole new realm of fat when my biggest fear of walking around in public in a bathing suit isn’t embarrassment over my appearance but FRICTION!

I did a weigh in today.  My inaccurate scale indicated 171.2 pounds, which is definitely less than before.  Since the scale is inaccurate I really don’t trust it, but I have decided to accept the fact that there is probably a downward trend.  I’ve stayed off the sugar and white flour so there should be improvement!

No comments:

Post a Comment