Friday, August 3, 2012

The Best Vacation Ever

The Rub wasn't a problem!  I remembered I had some workout shorts, made of moisture-wicking fabric, that worked great for the water park!  And the water park was lenient!  People walked around wearing all sorts of things.  No one seemed to be hassled for wearing shirts OR shorts.  In fact, this absolutely wonderful place had several swim-up bars (interestingly placed near the kiddie water play areas) and you were allowed to take the alcohol anywhere in the park!  It was amazing!  I had a drink each day I was there!  It's set up with hotel rooms all over the place, too, so you can walk out the front door of your room and be right in the park.  I cannot say enough about what a great experience it was.  We will definitely be back to the Schlitterbahn in New Braunfels, Texas!

As a bonus, it worked out that my cousin and his family were free so we drove up I-35 to Austin where he lives and got the treat of seeing them for dinner!  And he brought his mom and stepfather who I love and I literally had not seen in twenty years, at least!  Enough with the exclamation points!  But we had such a great time, and on the drive back we took a route through the Texas Hill Country which I had never seen and was really pretty.  It was a completely successful trip.  Thank you, portable DVD player that plugs into cigarette lighter.

Have stayed off the sugar and white flour, even on the trip and during a recent brush with head lice, enough said, and inaccurate scale, this morning on weigh-in day, indicated I was down .8 pound  Downward trend continues!  Wish me LUCK!

No comments:

Post a Comment