Saturday, January 5, 2013

Alien Pod Plants

A few months ago, one of my double-lobed brain plants (Lithops) split into a narrow four-lobed plant.  It was very strange, and I posted a photograph of what happened:                                                            

Weird.  Really weird.
                
Now, something even stranger is occurring.  The two-lobed base of the four-lobe plant is cracking open and new lobes are emerging from within.  I still can’t tell how many lobes will be growing out because the cracks in the existing plant are very small and I certainly don’t want to mess with this delicate, touchy, weird plant.
Note crack with emerging something at base of lobes.

Closer view. It looks like another lobe, or lobes.


It’s like the movie Alien-a body splitting open and something emerging from within.  These plants are really the strangest things I’ve ever seen.  It’s hard to believe they are native to Earth.  But they are, as they come from South Africa.  Very, very strange.  

On the diet front, after a free-for-all December (which was super fun), I'm going to start back on the weight watchers today.  For me, getting back on track eating-wise really is a (difficult) withdrawal process, so wish me luck!  


No comments:

Post a Comment