Sunday, July 21, 2013

Fun . . . for a while

Well, I haven't posted in a while because I've been busy--busy GAINING BACK ALL THE WEIGHT I LOST!  This is now the second time in a year I've managed to lose 13-15 pounds and gain it all back in a very short period of time.

I must admit, the eating has been fun.  Ice cream and chocolate are really, really good.  A new frozen yogurt store opened up in town and their "Original Tart" flavor has become a new favorite of mine.  We went on vacation, back to the water park in Texas (it was great, this time we took my big kids, along with my son-in-law and my son's long-time girlfriend) and not having to worry about a diet while we were there was nice.  Then home, and back to recreational eating:  Potato chips!  Bagels!  Butter!  All most enjoyable.  Relaxing, soothing, almost . . . drugging.

But, now my upper arms are plump and sausage-like and my thighs are again rubbing together.  And before I grow out of all my clothes again, I'm going to have to do something.

But what?  Weight Watchers?  OA?  A combination thereof?  No eating after 6 pm (unrealistic with our schedule, actually)?  Cutting out white flour and sugar?  A brain transplant so all the skewed neural pathways that make me a compulsive overeater are no longer an issue?

I'm not sure what I'm going to do.  I need to do something.  I'm 50, almost 51, and unfortunately these overeating patterns are pretty ingrained by now.  I've been this way all my life.  It's just now I can't get away with it like I could when I was younger, when I could eat a pint of Haagen-Dazs before bed every night, go for a two-mile jog the next day and weigh 50 pounds less than I do now. Seems incredible.  Now I know what people meant when they said, "I just look at fattening food and gain weight".  Because the weight gain, once I get off my diet, is astonishingly swift.

I will report back . . . once I figure out what to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment