Friday, September 19, 2014

Banana Smoothie

I'm flailing.  Trying everything.  Went to a Meeting on Monday night.  Back on the Shr*nk Yo*rself website yesterday (darn my Windows phone, I can't get their wonderful Pock*t Hung*er Coach app because it only works for Android or Iphone.  Not that the PHC app would even work for me).  Reading OA literature.  Reading other weight-loss books.  Just flailing.  I weighed more than EVER when I was at the doctor's office on Monday.  The number is too terrible to even type, let alone utter.

Right now I'm reeling from having to drink a horrid 'banana smoothie' for the CT scan I had this morning.  It was actually a barium solution but a dreadful banana flavor had been added to it, I guess to make it more palatable.  I had to drink one bottle at 6:30 am and most of the next one at 7:00 am.  Then, right before I went into the CT donut machine, I had to drink the rest of it.  It was horrible.  I'm still having residual gags just from remembering the taste and texture of the vile liquid. 

However, the label of the barium solution bottle did amuse me greatly.  It portrays a bunch of bananas, realistically rendered, carefully shaded--a work of art.  However, next to the lovely artwork of bananas, sort of down and to the left, barely fitting on the label and placed as if it was an afterthought, is a crude, anatomically incorrect rendering of a digestive tract.  The juxtaposition of these two images struck me as quite amusing and I got plenty of chuckles just looking at the label.

That is until this morning, until I actually had to drink the Readi-Cat Banana Smoothie Barium Sulfate Suspension Solution.

Fortunately, the CT scan went smoothly, no allergic reaction to the creepy iodine solution being injected into my veins, and the CT scanner is way less claustrophobic than the PET scan machine. 

So, no real progress on the eating front, yet.  But I'm not giving up.  Few clothes fit.  In fact, I'm wearing a 12W sized blouse this morning. Not a 12, a 12W.  Must get it back.  But going through my recent health challenges, having to fast, or eat a modified diet, or drink large amounts of various vile solutions in preparation for various tests makes it very hard to stick to any sort of regular eating plan.
 
Here is the barium solution label that amused me so greatly.  Note the odd juxtaposition of images.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment