Saturday, September 6, 2014

You Saw it Here

I had three good sugar-free days.  Then I messed up last night, eating some Whoppers, which weren't even GOOD!  They were semi-stale.  The chocolate coating was waxy. 

I'm retaining water and my feet and ankles are puffy.  Even my arms feel puffed, they sort of stand out from my sides in an odd way.  I don't think they could have gotten fatter that fast, so there is probably retained water in my arms as well.

My poor mother-in-law died day before yesterday.  I believe a major cause of her death was complications of diabetes. 

I'm 52 in a few days.  I'm never going to look really good again, so it's time to focus my efforts at fixing my eating problem towards protecting my health.

I don't know that much about diabetes but it seems like a terrible disease.  One to NOT GET. 

I had/have colon cancer, which may be diet related.  That's big.  Major stuff.

I decide today that I will not let the slip-up last night ruin my efforts.  Today is a new day to eat well.

So, today I will eat well.  Oatmeal for breakfast, salad for lunch.  Bean burgers for dinner, if my husband feels well enough to make them.

You saw it here.  I'm not going to be "off and running", as is my usual behavior, after "messing up" last night. 

Posting a picture of my dogs, happy in their secret pond during a walk. I may have major eating issues, but at least I don't mind exercising. 


Happy Dog 1 and Happy Dog 2 in secret pond

No comments:

Post a Comment