Saturday, November 10, 2012

Getting it Back

Major good news.  I lost weight, down to 164.2 for a total loss of 13.4 pounds (or thereabouts).  Feeling good.  Something is changing.  I’m really wanting to get out and the hikes I’m wanting to do are challenging ones.  Backpacking out of McKittrick Canyon.  Guadalupe Peak.  The Crest Trail in the White Mountain Wilderness.  I’m not sure if my current fitness level would allow me to do these difficult hikes, but the fact that I even want to, and feel like I might be able to do them if I went slowly, I take as a very good sign that I am on my way to “getting it back”.  But . . .
Alas, I was foiled this weekend.  I’ve got a lovely three day weekend (Veteran’s Day) and had long-planned a backpack with my dad, but forecast cold and windy weather forced us to cancel.  What a disappointment!  We were going to go up the Aspen Trail to Elk Point in the White Mountain Wilderness, once of my favorite places in the world.  Darn!  But the howling winds I experienced just going up “A” Mountain this morning made me realize I had made the correct decision.  Perhaps the weather will be better over Thanksgiving weekend and we can do something then.
Support stockings have not yet arrived so I have so far dodged that bullet.  Probably this week. 
Bud on baby toes plant has not yet opened but is continuing to grow so I’m hopeful.  A freeze is expected this weekend so I’ll be bringing my outdoor succulents inside, which is always dicey because my house doesn’t get a lot of natural light inside.  Some make it through the winter inside, but others don't.  Found some additional succulent blogs that have a lot of good care information, which helps.  I’m pretty much in the dark trying to take care of these exotic plants. 
Planning to crochet a lot this weekend.  I love needlework, I just never have the uninterrupted stretches of time to make big items.  My wonderful sister-in-law is in town for a conference and staying with us.  I enjoy her tremendously.  She has the perfect blend of funny, smart, and encyclopedic knowledge and I can talk to her for hours.

One of the crocheted Christmas Stars I'm making for my daughter's school Craft Fair

Will report back!              

No comments:

Post a Comment