Monday, May 28, 2012

The Original Post(s)

I went to my other, neglected blog on Weather Underground (weather web site) and found my original "get it back" pst and thought I'd copy it here.  Interesting that it was almost exactly a year ago!

Here is the original "Get it Back" post of June 2011:

I'm trying to get back in shape after a period of illness-induced sedentariness. Unfortunately, I gained a lot of weight during this sedentary time (couldn't exercise but I sure could EAT) so I'm having to not only deal with lack of fitness but also many additional fleshy pounds.

Just got back from climbing "A" Mountain, doing it the long way for the first time in months. I felt fine, mostly. Maybe there is hope. However, when my dad the Mysterious Septuagenarian asks if I want to go backpacking and I tell him no because I've lost fitness and strength, his response is so simple as to be absurd. What he says is:

"GET IT BACK!"

If only it were that easy. But I'm trying. Today will be vegetables and whole grains and more exercise in addition to the hour-plus I've already done.

So, to all of you out there struggling with gaining weight and losing the level of fitness that you once had, I offer the following advice:

"GET IT BACK!"
 
And here is the follow up "DIET" post:
 
After the Mysterious Septuagenarian read the last blog entry (June 4, 2011) about his sage advice to “get it back!” when I told him I had recently lost fitness, he called me to inquire about my current weight and fitness status. I told him I was exercising a lot but my weight was still elevated because I had not improved my eating habits. So he gave me more advice, which was:

“DIET!”

And not just diet, but

“DIET NOW!”

“DIET TODAY!”

So in addition to the simple, easy-to-follow advice of “Get it back!” “I have the additional REALLY easy to follow advice of
“DIET! NOW! TODAY!”

Gosh dern it, if it were that easy, I probably wouldn’t be needing to do it NOW, would I?

No comments:

Post a Comment